What are Some Outstanding Office Desks for Small Spaces?
Oct 18, 2023
Workspace décor is one of the most important ways that you can maximize the space you have to meet the necessities of your business. When you’re desk shopping to fill a small space you need to keep several things in mind. Your considerations should include:
- Size: The most important factor is to choose a desk that is the right size for your space. Measure your space carefully before you buy a desk, and make sure to leave enough room for other furniture and for you to move around comfortably.
- Shape: Corner desks and L-shaped desks are a great option for small spaces because they maximize your corner space. You can also find desks that are specifically designed for small spaces, such as floating desks and wall-mounted desks.
- Storage: Storage is essential in a small space, so choose a desk with plenty of storage options. This could include drawers, shelves, or cabinets.
- Height: Adjustable desks are a great option for small spaces because they allow you to customize the height of the desk to your needs. This can be helpful if you want to use the desk for different purposes, such as working at a standing desk or sitting down to eat lunch.
- Color and materials: Choose a desk in a light color and with simple lines to create the illusion of more space. Avoid desks with too much detailing or clutter, as this can make a small space feel even smaller.
Types of Desks Best Suited for Small Offices
When selecting a desk for a small office, consider your workflow, storage needs, and aesthetic preferences. It's important to make the most of vertical space, keep the area organized, and choose furniture that complements the overall design of the room. Here are eight different options for managing your workspace in a smaller area.
- Wall-Mounted Desks:
- Wall-mounted desks are excellent choices for small spaces as they can be folded down when not in use, creating more floor space. They are often compact and minimalist in design.
- These desks are versatile and can be installed at various heights to accommodate sitting or standing work.
- Corner desks are designed to fit snugly into the corner of a room, making efficient use of space that might otherwise be wasted.
- They provide ample workspace while leaving the center of the room open, creating a more spacious feel.
- L-shaped desks offer a generous work surface while utilizing the corner of the room. They are ideal for multitasking, such as using one side for a computer and the other for paperwork or projects.
- Some L-shaped desks come with built-in storage options, further maximizing space.
- Floating desks are mounted on the wall and do not touch the floor, which creates the illusion of a larger space. They can be as simple as a wooden board or come with built-in storage.
- These desks are particularly suitable for minimalistic and modern small office designs.
- Secretary desks are compact and often feature a drop-down front that can be used as a writing surface. When not in use, the front can be closed to save space.
- They typically come with storage drawers and compartments for office supplies.
- Standing desks can be an excellent choice for small offices, as they allow you to make the most of vertical space. They are adjustable, allowing you to switch between sitting and standing.
- Some standing desks are compact and can fit into small corners or against walls.
- Fold-out desks are similar to wall-mounted desks but have additional storage and workspace. When not in use, they can be folded up and hidden behind a cabinet or a stylish facade.
- These desks are excellent for maintaining a clutter-free look in a small office.
- Nesting desks are designed to fit one under the other. When you need more workspace, you can slide the second desk out. This design is ideal for occasional use and flexibility in small offices.
When selecting a desk for a small office, consider your workflow, storage needs, and aesthetic preferences. It's important to make the most of vertical space, keep the area organized, and choose furniture that complements the overall design of the room. Additionally, you can use other space-saving furniture and storage solutions, such as floating shelves, filing cabinets, and built-in storage, to optimize your small office space.Top of Form
Urban Office offers modern, flexible office space that provides greater than average workspace. If you would like more information on our all-inclusive membership agreements and our affordable, flexible private office space, contact us through our website or give us a call: in Houston at 832.827.3999, in San Antonio at 210.435.9515, and in Austin at 512.505.0008.